A traditional style dip with the addition of sauteed sweet onions, which I love. Lemony and flavorful.
- 1 large eggplant, about one pound
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, extra for drizzling
- ⅓ cup sweet onions, peeled 1/4 ” dice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons tahini sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, cleaned, dried and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh cracked black pepper
The flavor of this dip develops over time, and tastes even better in a day or two.
Serve with Perfect Toasted Pita Triangles, crackers of your choice, or mound onto endive spears.
Servings : 8