- 2 tablespoons cherry juice, concentrate
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey, raw
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons dried tart cherries, lightly chopped, divided
- 1 medium bartlet pear, cut in half, divided
- ½ medium avocado, peeled, 1/4″ cubes
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ½ teaspoon chipotle in adobe, minced, or to taste
Place the first 5 ingredients into a small, nonreactive sauce pan with 2 T. dried cherries. Cut 1/2 of the pear, peel, seed and cut into 1/4″ cubes – add to the pan. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered for 5 minutes to blend all the flavors. Cool. Place into a mini chopper, and pulse until somewhat smooth. Place into a bowl. Add the salt, chipotle, avocado, the remaining 2T. dried cherries, and the rest of the pear (cut into 1/4 ” cubes with the skin on).
Refrigerate in an airtight container.
Makes about 1 cup