- 2 pounds boneless and skinnless chicken thighs, fat removed, each cut into 3 pieces
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch tumeric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups onions, peeled, sliced 1/3″ pieces
- ½ cup shallots, peeled, sliced 1/3″ pieces
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled, sliced thin
- 1 large sprig fresh tarrragon
- 2 strips lemon rind, yellow rind only
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock, home made
- 8 whole pappedew peppers, quartered (pickled & sweet peppers)
- 1 ½ tablespoons pappedew vinegar solution, from jar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces cooked egg noodles, fresh noodles, or best quality (italian)
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, sliced thinly
Marinate the trimmed and cut chicken thighs with teaspoon of olive oil, garlic, smoked paprika and tumeric. Set aside in a bowl a few minutes,
or refrigerate up to a day, covered. Heat 1T. olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken, letting brown, and stirring from time until golden, yet still undercooked inside. Remove chicken to a plate. Add onions, shallots and garlic, saute until tender crisp, add a little more oil if sticking to the
pan. Now add the tarragon sprig, lemon rind, pepper, sea salt and yellow cherry tomatoes. Stir to combine. Add the flour, and stir for one minute over moderate heat. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, stirring well to make the sauce. Add the cut pappadew peppers, pappadew vinegar (from jar), and lemon juice.
When simmering, add the reserved partially cooked chicken, and reduce the heat to a BARE SIMMER. Cooking now over very low heat blends the flavors and produces very tender chicken. Cook for 45 minutes. Take out a piece of chicken for a taste test, should be tender and falling apart. Cook for up to 15 more if necessary.
The stew should be slightly thickened, with a good amount of broth. Place warm egg noodles in individual shallow bowls, top with the stew.
Garnish with chopped fresh tarragon and serve.