- 32 ounces salmon filet, skin off, 8 ounce portions
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon tumeric
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 ½ cup fennel bulb, trimmed, 1/3″ batonettes
- 1 ½ cups carrots, peeled, 1/3″ batonettes – try colored “rainbow carrots”
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mirin (japanese rice wine), or white wine
- 1 medium clementine, peeled, 8 thin slices
- 1 cup citrus, grapefruits, oranges, peeled – cut into 1/2″ chunks
- ¼ cup fennel, 1/4 ” dice
- ½ teaspoon fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons citrus juices
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, thinly sliced, or parsley or cilantro
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Place the skinless salmon filets on a plate. Season with the next 5 ingredients, (dry mustard through pepper). Set aside.
Cut carrots and fennel in long 4 inch lengths, 1/3 inch wide to make batonettes. Place these in a baking dish to fit. Add the four salmon filets on top. Drizzle with 2 T. olive oil and the mirin. Put 2 slices of the clementines on each filet. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit, press on top of the fish. Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Take out after 25 minutes and test. The fish should flake gently, and be just cooked through. The time here will depend on the size of the fish, and the accuracy of your oven. Remove and drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil over and a pinch of salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with vegetables and the citrus salsa on top. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Citrus Salsa Compote: Peel the citrus, remove the white pith. Cut into 1/2 inch chunks and place them in a small bowl (save any juices for the salsa). Add the next 7 ingredients. Mix to blend. Add the mint, and some fennel fronds if you like (the feathery dill looking part of the fennel). Refrigerate about an hour to let the flavors blend. Serve on top of the fish.
A recipe for your Health. High in fiber, protein and antioxidants. Low in fat and carb free.