- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup scallions, cleaned, chopped
- 2 medium fresh garlic cloves, peeled and minced (about 1 T.)
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon tumeric
- ¼ teaspoon smoked salt*, can use sea salt
- 6 medium chicken breast halves, skinless, boneless (trimmed cleaned and dried) About 3 pounds.
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
Whisk the marinade ingredients in a small bowl – first 6 ingredients.
Place the chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag. Pour the marinade over and seal the bag.
Mix all contents until evenly coated. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
Heat grill to high. Oil, and add the chicken breasts. Cover grill cook on the first side until you see strong grill marks, and the first side is quite dark. Turn over with tongs, reduce heat to medium-low.
Cook until done, will feel springy to the touch. (Remove the largest breast and test with a small knife. Look for no pink interior, and clear juices flowing.
Remove to a platter, and immediately add the fresh thyme leaves. Slice on the angle when cooled a bit.
Option: When chicken is almost done, add a tablespoon of Karen’s Barbeque Sauce on top of each breast while on the grill.
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.
Serves 6 – 10