An easy, zesty side salad. Nice and refreshing to serve with Baba Ganoush and Perfect Toasted Pita Triangles.
- 1 large navel orange
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, cleaned, dried and slivered
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette, see recipe
- 1 cup baby arugula, cleaned and dried
Cut the rind and white pith off the orange with a serrated knife. Take your time rotating the orange. Cut thin slices crosswise. Cut in half for smaller slices, or leave round. Place the slices on a plate, top with the olives and mint. Drizzle with half of the vinaigrette. Let sit to marinate at least 30 minutes. In a bowl, toss the arugula (if using) with the remaining vinaigrette, top with the oranges and serve.
– save extra for another use. Can double recipe.
Serves : 4