- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons onion, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey, or agave nectar
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Place the 1/2 cup canola oil in a small skillet. Add the chopped shallots and onion. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. The shallots will be just turning golden and the onions will be translucent. Pour the mixture into a small strainer over a bowl, separating the onions from the oil. Cool slightly.
In a blender add the next 7 ingredients, white balsamic vinegar through garlic cloves. Turn on to high speed, blend to combine. Add the reserved shallots and onions. Blend until smooth then DRIZZLE the reserved 1/2 cup canola oil, very slowly at first to emulsify. Now add the rest of the oils – 1/3 cup canola oil and the 2 T. olive oil slowly until emulsified. Store in the refrigerator in clean glass jar.