- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup petite diced tomatoes, canned, save juice
- 1 cup fresh leeks, cleaned well, 1/3 ” dice
- ¼ teaspoon tumeric
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cup quinoa, white and red varieties
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups tomato juice, from can
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
Add 1 T. olive oil in a 2 quart saucepan, turn heat to medium high. Add the drained petite diced tomatoes. Saute for 3 – 5 minutes until
just a little colored and roasted. Add the diced leeks, stir 30 seconds. Add tumeric, smoked paprika and minced garlic. Mix well, cook 30 seconds to release flavors. Add quinoa, chicken broth, tomato juice and sea salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 20 – 25 minutes.
Stir once while cooking. The pilaf is done when the seeds have opened, and is light and fluffy.