Not too sweet, low in fat – perfect for everyday eating and snacking!
- 2 cups rolled oats, organic
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, organic
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, (If Vegan, use brown rice syrup)
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 3 pinches sea salt, or himalayan sea salt
- ⅓ cup natural sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
To a small microwaveable bowl add coconut oil, honey, coconut palm sugar and maple syrup.
Microwave for 30 seconds, stir up well.
Place oats in a large bowl. Add the sugar/ coconut oil mixture, vanilla, sea salt, almonds, ground flax and cinnamon.
Stir up well. Spread out on a rimmed baking pan approximately 10″ x 15″. No need to grease or add a liner.
Press down firmly using a metal spatula.
Bake for 12 – 14 minutes until very golden. Watch that the edges do not become too brown.
Cool completely, Then break up into pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Hint: For a greater cinnamon flavor, add two cinnamon sticks to the storage container.
Recipe used in: Peanut Butter Energy Bites with Chocolate Drizzle
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer
Makes: 2 3/4 cups