Grilled Chicken Breast with Fresh Nectarine Salsa
Easy to prepare - great for a weeknight dinner or even company.
Perfect Grilled Chicken Breast with a not too sweet Nectarine Salsa.
- 4 medium chicken breasts, cleaned, dried, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, first press, extra virgin
- ½ teaspoon fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon citrus juice, lemon, lime or orange
- 2 medium nectarines, one white, one yellow - cut into 1/4" chunks
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup yellow tomatoes, cut into 1/4 " chunks
- 1 teaspoon jalepeno, minced (or pimento de padron)
- ¼ teaspoon salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon citrus juice, your choice
In medium sized bowl, add the 4 chicken breasts and the next 5 ingredients. Set aside to marinate 20 minutes, or refrigerate up to 2 hours.
Make the salsa : combine the rice vinegar and sugar in a glass bowl, stir once and place in the microwave. Cook 1 minute at low power.
Carefully remove, stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well to blend.
Let cool, refrigerate. Grill the chicken breasts on an outdoor grill, or inside on a grill pan, medium- high heat until evenly cooked.
Place on a plate and top with a generous dollop of Nectarine Salsa.
Serve the Chicken over fresh greens or you favorite rice dish.
Add some chopped herbs on top if you wish (chives, parsley, chervil).
The salsa can be made a day ahead.
Servings : 4