Crispy Shallot and Garlic Dipping Sauce for Dumplings
- 1 ½ tablespoons safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, peeled, chopped 1/4 " dice
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic scapes*, sliced thinly, or scallions
- 1 tablespoon coconut cane sugar
- 1 ½tablespoons soy sauce, or tamari
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch sesame seeds
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 slice fresh lemon
Add the last half of the crispy shallots to the dip when serving.
Great served with: Vegan Farmers' Market Vegetarian Dumplings
*Garlic scapes are available at Farmers' Markets in late spring and early summer. So delicious, they look likea curly scallion with a strong garlic flavor.