Chevre Cheese Pyramid with Roasted Peppers, Herbs and Balsamic Syrup
Elegant and easy to prepare. Balsamic Syrup is a nice change from
drizzling with olive oil.
- 6 ounces chevre pyramid
- 1 large red roasted pepper, peeled, and sliced thin
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 teaspoon garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, your choice - parsley, chervil, rosemary
- 1 pinch fresh cracked black pepper
- 12 slices whole grain bread - toasted
Unmold the Chevre Cheese Pyramid on a serving plate.
Scatter roasted peppers around.
Make Balsamic Syrup :
Place balsamic vinegar, sugar and rosemary sprig and garlic in a small skillet.
Bring to a boil and reduce to low and cook until very syrupy,
about 10 minutes. Set aside or refrigerate. Can be made a few days ahead.
Garnish the cheese pyramid with fresh herbs by pressing them into the cheese. Drizzle the balsamic syrup over the cheese.
I like to put it in a squirt bottle, or, use a spoon to drizzle. Top with some fresh cracked pepper.
Add some lightly toasted hearty whole grain bread slices to the platter,
dip and enjoy !
Serves : 6